Terms and Conditions for Used Textbook Exchange Service Online Business
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Agreement”) carefully before using our Used Textbook Exchange Service Online Business (“Service”). This Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your use of the Service provided by Page Exchange. By accessing or using the Service in any manner, you agree to be bound by this Agreement.
1. Service Description
- 1.1. Page Exchange operates an online platform that facilitates the exchange of used textbooks between users.
- 1.2. Our Service allows users to list their used textbooks for sale and enables other users to browse and purchase those textbooks.
- 1.3. Page Exchange acts as a facilitator in connecting buyers and sellers, but we do not take ownership or responsibility for the textbooks listed on our platform.
- 1.4. Page Exchange is an independent corporation and is not affiliated with any educational institution at any location.
2. User Responsibilities
- 2.1. By using our Service, you represent and warrant that you are capable of entering into a legally binding agreement.
- 2.2. You agree to provide accurate and complete information when registering an account and listing textbooks on our platform.
- 2.3. You are solely responsible for the accuracy of the information provided in your textbook listings.
- 2.4. You are responsible for exchanging the textbooks promptly and in the condition described in your listing.
- 2.5. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations in relation to the use of our Service.
3. Textbook Listings and Transactions
- 3.1. Sellers must accurately describe the condition of the textbooks they list, including any highlighting, underlining, or other markings, as well as any damage or missing pages.
- 3.2. Buyers should carefully review the descriptions and images provided by sellers before making a purchase or exchange.
- 3.3. All transactions are between the buyer and the seller. Page Exchange is not responsible for the quality, condition, or accuracy of the textbooks listed on our platform, or for any disputes that may arise between users.
- 3.4. Page Exchange does not guarantee the availability of any specific textbook or the successful completion of any transaction.
- 3.5. Users agree to resolve any disputes or issues arising from transactions between themselves. Page Exchange may provide dispute resolution assistance at its discretion, but we are not liable for the outcome of such assistance.
- 3.6. Page Exchange will not be held responsible for what happens when the buyer and seller meet to exchange the textbook(s) in person; we encourage buyers and sellers to meet in a safe location (e.g. university) during the daytime where there are other people around.
4. Intellectual Property
- 4.1. Users retain ownership of the intellectual property rights in the content they submit to our Service, including textbook listings and related materials.
- 4.2. By submitting content to our Service, you grant Page Exchange a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, and display such content for the purposes of providing and promoting the Service.
5. Limitation of Liability
- 5.1. Page Exchange and its affiliates, directors, employees, agents, and licensors shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages arising out of or related to your use of the Service.
6. Modification and Termination
- 6.1. Page Exchange reserves the right to modify or terminate the Service or this Agreement at any time, for any reason, without prior notice.
- 6.2. Page Exchange may suspend or terminate your access to the Service if we believe you have violated any provision of this Agreement or any applicable law.